Protect Your Art Studio from Flood
Preparation at home and the studio
- Elevate the furnace, water heater, and circuit-breaker panel or fuse box. Long Term Project Needs an Expert Financial Investment
- Install check valves in sewer traps, to prevent floodwater from backing up into the drains of your studio or home.
- Avoid basement storage of art and valuables.
- Seal the walls in your basement with waterproofing compounds to avoid seepage.
- Check plumbing, fixtures, and sprinkler systems periodically & fix leaks.
- Keep gutters and drains unclogged.
- Move essential items upstairs.
- Protect items from moisture from above & below.
- Turn off utilities at main switches or valves.