Home > Studio Protector > Resources > Be Emergency Ready > Protect Your Art Studio from Earthquakes
Protect Your Art Studio from Earthquakes
Preparation at home and the studio
- Anchor equipment & fuel tanks to floor or wall.
- Have an expert check your building for structural defects. miniicons5-100
- Place heavy objects near the floor.
- Secure cabinets & shelves to walls; have safety latches on storage units.
- Use museum wax to secure smaller objects to shelves.
- IF INSIDE, drop and get under something like a desk or table, and hold on.
- If no cover available, drop to the ground in an inside corner of the building and cover your head and neck with your hands and arms.
- IF OUTSIDE, move to a clear area if possible.
- IF IN A CAR, pull to the side of the road, set the parking brake and stay in the car.