Select Page

Home > Studio Protector > Resources > > Earthquake Insurance for Artists

Earthquake Insurance for Artists

As with floods, earthquakes are not covered by your business, homeowners, or renters policy and must be purchased separately. The cost varies depending on:

  • How close you are to a fault
  • Construction of your building
  • Whether or not you have retrofitted your building to minimize earthquake damage

miniicons5-97 You must have a business, homeowners, or renters policy in order to purchase this insurance.

Earthquake insurance:

  • is purchased through the company that sold you your other policy
  • is not designed to cover all losses, but to put a roof over your head.
  • can provide coverage for temporary housing while your building is being repaired
  • does not cover any losses already covered by your business or homeowners insurance
  • does not cover floods even if they were caused by an earthquake (you must have flood insurance to cover that)
  • covers buildings and contents separately
  • covers homes and businesses separately
  • kicks in after you have satisfied the deductible

What to Do Checklist

  • Assess your risk for earthquakes
  • Get a quote from your insurance company (or the State of California if you are a resident)Needs an Expert
  • Determine if you can afford to (or not to) purchase earthquake insuranceFinancial Investment

High/Low Earthquake Risk