The Clean Up and Salvage sections include vital resources to prepare you for helping at a disaster site
- Arrive with useful supplies and protective gear that you might have on hand
- Be aware of health and safety risks you may encounter at the site
- Be self-contained. Bring your own water and food, and if possible, bring extra to share if it is needed.
- If you have special skills, come with what you need to perform them, and tell the people you are helping that you are prepared to do that if desired. However, be ready to do whatever needs to be done.
- Be patient and remember that the person you are assisting is under great stress, and may not know exactly what to do, or what to tell you to do.
- Remember that your first responsibility as a volunteer is to Do No Harm.
- Use your skills as an artist to help salvage tools, artworks, photographs