Exchange contact information with everyone you want to stay in touch with.
- Family members
- Co-workers + employees
- Your Disaster Buddy
- Co-tenants + neighbors
- Suppliers/customers/other business & artist contacts
- Medical facilities/practitioners
- Local responders
- Phone, email, social media
- Create paper and electronic versions of this contact information:
- Post at home and in your studio
- Produce wallet-sized emergency contact cards for you, your family, co-workers and/or employees.
- FEMA’s Family Emergency Plan can help you develop a communications plan (home & business).
- Make sure everyone in your studio is familiar with the emergency communication system.
- Update your lists at least once a year.
Other options for alerting and staying in touch with your closest circle of contacts:
- Organize a telephone calling tree (assign in advance).
- Create a password-protected page on your website to check in.