Help Save the NEA!
March 17, 2017 | Advocacy
Today, the nation learned the startling news that President Trump has proposed a full elimination of the National Endowment for the Arts, National Endowment for the Humanities, the Corporation for Public Broadcasting, Institute for Museum and Library Services other vital arts and culture institutions. In this first proposed budget for FY2018 from the White House, we are facing what many have been speculating would happen. But we are not giving up.
This is not a done deal. It is only the first of many steps in the eventual passage of a federal budget that lays out the administration’s priorities that will be negotiated with Congress. The final budget will be written by and passed by Congress over the next few months, which means WE MUST ACT NOW to advocate for the federal funding of the arts and humanities and the very future of our culture.
CERF+ Is Taking the Following Steps:
- CERF+ is co-sponsoring and participating in Arts Advocacy Day to strongly advocate for arts and artist friendly policies in Washington DC.
- CERF+ is co-sponsoring the CREATE Act of 2016 (S. 2648) introduced by Senator Tom Udall (NM), which includes our proposed regulatory change at FEMA for post disaster tool replacement for self-employed workers (like artists).
- CERF+ is reaching out to our own community (that’s you!) encouraging your voice and participation in these important efforts.
Here’s What YOU Can Do:
- Take two minutes to contact your elected officials and urge them to oppose elimination of these vital federal agencies and join the #SaveTheNEA campaign.
- You can also visit Americans for the Arts’ Action Fund‘s Arts Mobilization Center at any time for all the latest resources and response.
Our mission includes supporting artists affected by career-threatening emergencies. We are now facing an emergency of the heart and soul of our nation. Please stand with us and keep our nation a great place for transforming lives through the power of art.