NC and SC Deadlines for Disaster Unemployment Assistance Applications Approaching
Disaster Unemployment Assistance (DUA) is available in the counties of North Carolina and South Carolina that have been federally declared Hurricane Florence disaster areas. Self-employed individuals as well as employees who have lost income or are unemployed due to the disaster are eligible for this assistance. Self-employed artists impacted by the storm are encouraged to apply. The window for applying is 30 days from when it became available. Use the links below to learn more about applying.
- North Carolina: 10/18/18 application deadline for some counties and 10/25/18 deadline for others.
- South Carolina: 10/24/18 application deadline.
Additional Relief Agency Information
- CERF+ Listing of Government + Volunteer Agencies
- CERF+ Tips for Working with FEMA + SBA
- North Carolina Department of Public Safety – Hurricane Florence Recovery
- South Carolina Emergency Management Division
Additional Relief and Recovery Resources for Artists