Craft Emergency Relief Fund
Inquiry Form Documentation
Artists interested in CERF+ emergency assistance first submit an inquiry form. Those that meet basic eligibility parameters are required to provide the following with the inquiry form:
- A resume detailing your serious commitment, history and accomplishments as an artist working in a craft discipline. The resume should list exhibitions and shows; publications featuring your work; awards; education; teaching experiences; and/or any other accomplishments that will help us evaluate your career as an established artist working in a craft discipline. Folk and traditional artists without a resume must provide a statement about the artistic tradition of their practice, how they learned their craft and where they share, sell and/or exhibit their work, if they do.
- Five high quality photographs of your art created in a craft discipline in the past five years.
Application Form Documentation
If you are invited to apply for assistance you will receive and email with a link to your application. You will be required to provide the following along with the information in the application form:
- The first two pages of your IRS Form 1040 and, if applicable, the Schedule C for your art business from the last two years (or your Forma Única form if you are a Puerto Rico resident). If you have an art business and it is a corporation, then the first two pages of your IRS Form 1040 and the first two pages of your corporate tax return from the last two years. If your tax returns are not available, you can request that transcripts of your federal Form 1040 tax returns be mailed to you (allow five to ten days to receive them) or you can download them here.
- Documentation of the emergency.
- If a medical emergency, provide a written prognosis from your doctor or other health provider and a bill to demonstrate that you have had significant medical expenses.
- If a theft, provide a copy of the report from the police department and a listing of major items lost.
- If a fire, provide a copy of the report from the fire department, photos of the damage and a list of major items lost.
- If a natural disaster, provide an official document from an emergency management agency indicating the loss, photos of the damage and a list of major items lost.
- You will also have the option to provide documents that illustrate your art career, in addition to images of your artwork and resume provided in the inquiry.