CERF+ Emergency Relief Grant
You may be eligible if:
- I am 18 years of age or older.
- I have resided and worked in the United States or the United States Territories for the past two years.
- I am an artist working in a craft or folk and traditional discipline.
- The creation of craft objects is an important part of my primary art practice.
- My artwork exhibits strong evidence of handwork and demonstrates a significant commitment to my practice.
- I have experienced a recent, unforeseen, career threatening emergency. (Unfortunately, routine dental work, chronic health conditions, or issues related to lack of employment or poor business practices will not be considered for this program. Due to the high demand for emergency relief and limited funding, cases based solely on economic losses due to Covid-19 are not eligible). Emergencies vary based on an individual’s circumstances and applications will be evaluated on a case by case basis.
This is an individual grant. One application per person.
If you are trying to help an artist who is experiencing an emergency, you can apply on their behalf if you have their permission. The artist must fit the criteria above. Make sure to have their contact information and materials ready for the application.