We saw firsthand the effects of the devastating 2016 wildfires on the area’s artists and craftspeople. ‘Ready + Resilient’ is an opportunity to bring artists together to learn more about protecting their careers, art and lives – and to gather as a community to move forward.
ARE YOU READY + RESILIENT?
Ready + Resilient is a FREE program for studio artists to learn how to strengthen their careers, prepare for emergencies and get back on their feet after challenges. The event marks one year after Sevier County’s devastating wildfires that affected hundreds of artists in the area.
Saturday, November 18, 2017
9:00am – 5:00pm (lunch is provided)
Arrowmont School of Arts and Crafts
556 Parkway, Gatlinburg, TN 37738
Registration is recommended as there is a limited number of spaces left.
Ready + Resilient is presented by CERF+, the Artists Safety Net in partnership with Arrowmont School of Arts and Crafts and Zinc.
- Recognizing community leaders in Gatlinburg’s recovery since the wildfires
- Guest speakers and sessions on topics critical to artists’ livelihoods including:
- Building Your Local Creative Economy + Growing Your Network
- Branding + Marketing Basics
- Building an Online Presence
- Crafting Your Safety Net
- Documentation + Safe Storage
- Insurance Coverage
- How to Photograph Your Artwork
- And more!
- Resources + information about grant opportunities and tools available
- Lunch provided
- EVENING NETWORKING RECEPTION: Live music, cocktails + local food
Artists who attend Ready + Resilient will receive:
- A chance to win a free session with a professional photographer to have their artwork photographed at their home, studio or shop on Sunday, November 19, 2017. One will be announced at the end of the event. Artists must register for and attend the entire program.
- A Free Pro membership to Orangenius, a comprehensive online platform of tools that takes the guesswork out of the business of art.
- A copy of CERF+’s Studio Protector: An Artist’s Guide to Emergencies and the CERF+ Studio Safety Guide.
The program is made possible by a grant from the Westfield Insurance Foundation Legacy of Caring Fund.
For more information or to bring the READY + RESILIENT program to your community, contact [email protected].