CERF+ Responds to Hurricane Michael
Safety Information, Emergency Resources + Emergency Relief for Artists
As we continue to hear about the impact of Hurricane Michael, CERF+ is reaching out to artists and arts organizations in affected communities to provide emergency relief and useful recovery resources.
Emergency Relief for Artists
Are You an Artist Working in a Craft Discipline?
CERF+’s emergency financial relief program, the Craft Emergency Relief Fund, provides $3,000 grant and other assistance to artists working in craft disciplines who are facing a career threatening emergency. CERF+ staff is available during the week from 8:30am-5:00pm EST at 802.229.2306 and [email protected] to provide counseling and referrals to artists searching for emergency resources.
- CERF+ Emergency Relief Grants for Artists Working in Craft Disciplines
Other Emergency Relief Programs for Artists
- New York Foundation for the Arts’ (NYFA) National List of Emergency Grants for Artists in NYFA Source
- Project Jumpstart Art – Beach Art Group of Panama City Beach, FL. An effort to gather art supplies for artist who had losses from the storm.
- Additional resources will be added as arts organizations in the affected region are able to respond
Disaster Recovery Resources for Artists
We hope you don’t suffer personal or business property damage from this disaster, but if you or an artist you know does, CERF+’s Studio Protector has tips to help make the recovery go more smoothly.
- Government + Volunteer Relief Agencies
- Tips for Working with FEMA + SBA
- Relief + Resources from Arts Organizations
- Emergency Management Agency Links for Hurricane Michael
- Small Business Administration (SBA) – Disaster loans for individuals, businesses and nonprofits
- American Red Cross
- Disaster Unemployment Assistance (for self-employed as well as employees) available in counties declared disaster areas
- Other Business and Employment Disaster Assistance
Disaster Clean Up
- Creating Again
- Emotional Help
- Emotional Help Resources
- Rebuilding Your Business
- Fortified Homes Survive Hurricane Michael
- Avoid Scams
- Legal Issues
- Florida Bar – Legal aid hotline (1-866-550-2929) and other free legal assistance available for Hurricane Michael survivors
- Georgia Legal Assistance Hotline for Hurricane Michael survivors – 1-866-584-8027
- US Department of Justice’s National Center for Disaster Fraud – Hotline for reporting disaster fraud, 866-720-5721
10/10/18 CERF+ Hurricane Michael Alert
Disaster Readiness + Safety Information for Artists
Hurricane Michael is approaching the Gulf Coast with landfall expected on Wednesday, October 10. We urge all those in its potential path to take precautions now. In this emergency alert you’ll find important information to help all who are in the path of the storm remain safe.
Disaster Readiness Resources for Artists
Use the disaster preparedness tips and resources in CERF+’s Studio Protector to get for the hurricane.
Additional Studio Protector emergency preparedness tips:
- Plan Ahead
- Cover Your Art and Business Assets