CERF+ Responds to Hurricane Florence
Safety Information, Recovery Resources + Emergency Relief for Artists
As we continue to hear about the impact of Hurricane Florence, CERF+ is reaching out to artists and arts organizations in affected communities to provide emergency relief and useful recovery resources.
Emergency Relief for Artists
Are You an Artist Working in a Craft Discipline?
CERF+’s emergency financial relief program, the Craft Emergency Relief Fund, provides $3,000 grant and other assistance to artists working in craft disciplines who are facing a career threatening emergency. CERF+ staff is available during the week from 8:30am-5:00pm EST at 802.229.2306 and [email protected] to provide counseling and referrals to artists searching for emergency resources.
- CERF+ Emergency Relief Grants for Artists Working in Craft Disciplines
Other Emergency Relief Programs for Artists
- New York Foundation for the Arts’ National List of Emergency Grants for Artists in NYFA Source
- Additional resources will be added as arts organizations in the affected region are able to respond
Disaster Recovery Resources for Artists
If you have had personal or business property damage from this disaster, CERF+’s Studio Protector has tips to help make the recovery go more smoothly.
Relief Agencies and Relief Funds
- Government + Volunteer Relief Agencies
- Tips for Working with FEMA + SBA
- Relief + Resources from Arts Organizations
- Hurricane Florence Disaster Relief Funds
- North Carolina Community Foundation Disaster Relief Fund – Supports non-profit community organizations responding to disasters
- Foundation For The Carolinas Hurricane Florence Response Fund – Supports non-profits providing relief to victims of the storm
- Outer Banks (Dare County, NC) Community Foundation Disaster Relief Fund – Supports Dare County residents impacted by the storm
- One SC Fund – Supports non-profits providing relief to victims of the storm
- Coastal Community Foundation Disaster Relief Fund – Through Wacccamaw Community Foundation, supports non-profits providing relief to Horry, Georgetown and Williamsburg county (SC) residents
- Emergency Management Links for Hurricane Florence
- Public Assistance (grants to state, local, and tribal governments and certain private nonprofits) Applicant Briefings
- American Red Cross
- North Carolina
- NC Historic Preservation Office’s online form to report Hurricane Florence damage to historic properties.
- NC Historic Preservation Office offers technical advice and consultation for the restoration of damaged historic properties.
- South Carolina
Disaster Clean Up
- Creating Again
- Emotional Help
- Emotional Help Resources
- Rebuilding Your Business
- Fortified Homes Survive Hurricane Michael
- Social Media
- Working with Volunteers
- Facebook’s Hurricane Florence Crisis Response Page
- Avoid Scams
- Legal Issues
- Legal Aid of North Carolina – Free legal assistance available for North Carolina survivors of Hurricane Florence
- South Carolina Legal Services – Free legal assistance available for South Carolina survivors of Hurricane Florence