Tips for Applying to FEMA + SBA
The Federal Government has set up a website that coordinates information on disaster assistance that is available through at least 17 federal agencies. This website consolidates the application process across several agencies including FEMA and SBA.
Additional Relief Agency Information
- CERF+ Listing of Government + Volunteer Agencies
- CERF+ Tips for Working with FEMA + SBA
- Alabama Emergency Management Agency
- Disaster Unemployment Assistance (for self-employed as well as employees) is available in Lee County.
- Application deadline is April 5, 2019.
- FEMA Disaster Declaration
- Small Business Administration (SBA) – Disaster loans for individuals, businesses and nonprofits
- American Red Cross
- Relief + Resources from Arts Organizations
Additional Relief and Recovery Resources for Artists
Emergency Relief for Artists
Are You an Artist Working in a Craft Discipline Impacted by the Tornado?
CERF+’s emergency financial relief program, the Craft Emergency Relief Fund, provides $3,000 grant and other assistance to artists working in craft disciplines who are facing a career threatening emergency. CERF+ staff is available during the week from 8:30am-5:00pm EST at 802.229.2306 and [email protected] to provide counseling and referrals to artists searching for emergency resources.
- CERF+ Emergency Relief Grants for Artists Working in Craft Disciplines
Other Emergency Relief Programs for Artists
- New York Foundation for the Arts’ (NYFA) National List of Emergency Grants for Artists in NYFA Source
Steps for Art Studio Salvage and Recovery
If your home, studio or space was damaged or destroyed in the tornado, review these tips to help you clean up, recover what you can, and rebuild.
Disaster Clean Up
- Creating Again
- Emotional Help
- Emotional Help Resources
- Lee County Crisis Counseling – There is crisis support and counseling available at Farm Aid Crisis Support and the Disaster Distress Helpline. Call 1-800-985-5990 or text “TalkWithUs” to 66746 to talk to a trained crisis counselor.
- Rebuilding Your Business
- Insurance Claim Resource: United Policyholders’ Roadmap to Recovery
- Alabama Department of Insurance
- Social Media
- Working with Volunteers
- Facebook’s Lee County Tornado Crisis Response Page
- Avoid Scams
- Alabama Licensing Board for General Contractors State License Board – The Board maintains a staff of license specialists who are trained to answer inquiries concerning the licensing process and the current status of licensed general contractors.
- Legal Issues